In this article you will find some advice on how to prevent tooth decay in children, as well as some tips on how to get children's teeth clean. But, in spite of following these recommendations, if you are in the area of Oliva we invite you to visit us with your children.
The first consultation is completely free of charge and in it, as well as carrying out a rigorous control, we will give them hygiene guidelines to take care of their smile, and we will help them not to suffer unnecessary fears before their dental check-ups.
Good oral health begins in childhood, therefore in the Clínica Dentoliva we make sure that the youngest members of the family take care of their teeth with love. Children's teeth and gums, like those of adults, are at risk of suffering from multiple diseases with negative effects on their health. One of the most frequent are caries, mainly caused by two reasons: lack of hygiene and the consumption of certain foods high in sugar.
How to prevent tooth decay in children?
Preventing tooth decay in children is very complicated, but not impossible! That's why it's important to pay attention to these recommendations:
- It is important to reduce consumption of sugary foods.
- It is necessary to prevent little ones from falling asleep sucking on a bottle, since sugars remain attached to their teeth and can corrode the enamel..
- It is essential that parents have a good oral health, as there are bacteria that can be transmitted to children in everyday gestures that we hardly pay attention to such as share a spoon.
- When our little ones have already started caries early action on these is very important, that's why we recommend that you call us urgently at Clinica Dentoliva and ask for an appointment.
- It is necessary to pay attention to great importance is attached to depressions or fissures in the molars as these provide a greater predisposition to caries. As the permanent teeth grow in, a thin layer of resin (known as dental sealant) on the molars. This protective layer prevents bacteria from entering cracks and crevices of the teeth that are difficult to reach when brushing.
Tips to improve children's dental health
- Use toothpaste and mouthwashes specifically for children.
- Regular visits to the paediatric dentist.
- Mantain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Help them to brush their teeth to prevent tartar and other build-up.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent dry mouth.
If you have any doubts, we recommend that you make an appointment with our paediatric dentists in Oliva and take a family visit to our facilities. In them we will give you more tips and teach your little one the importance of good oral health.