Having a healthy mouth and smile is one of the greatest desires of every person who takes care of themselves and their personal image. From the Dentoliva Clinic we will give you five basic tips that can help you take care of your dental health: hygiene habits that will help you care for and improve the vitality of your mouth, as well as help you to have a radiant smile. Take note of the following tips and if you have any doubts consult our specialists!
- See your dentist regularly, at least twice a year. These check-ups are important as many dental diseases, in their early stages, are difficult to detect. Regular and regular dental check-ups by your dentist can help us to avoid "major problems" in the long term.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste to prevent the development of caries as well as dental floss and mouthwashes. These help us to keep our mouth healthy and prevent pathologies and infections.
- Brush properly; make short, smooth, elliptical strokes. Do not forget the gum line, the back teeth and the areas around the crowns of the teeth. Under no circumstances should you share your toothbrush as this increases the risk of infection. It is also advisable to replace the brush on a regular basis. every three months. Brush your teeth at least once a week. two to three times a day. After every meal would be appropriate, but the brushing that you should not skip under any circumstances is the one after each meal. before going to bed and after getting up in the morning.
- Watch your diet: A healthy, varied and balanced diet also helps to strengthen the immune system. Limit snacking between meals, avoid excessive sweets and sugary drinks and, above all, maintain good hygiene after eating foods or drinks that may stain your teeth, such as coffee and wine. If you eat out and can't brush your teeth, you can use the sugar-free chewing gum with xylitol as stimulating salivary secretion is a great anti-caries agent.
- Avoid smoking. It not only stains the teeth but also encourages the accumulation of tartar. In addition to damaging the gums, it is also detrimental to our health.